Praying for someone who has hurt you badly can be hard sometimes owing to our fallen sinful nature that naturally loves revenge when wronged.
In this post, however, you will discover 11 powerful prayers for someone who hurt you that will help you practice forgiveness against your offenders who have done you wrong.
Our Lord Jesus Christ tells us in Matthews 6:14,15 that we are to forgive others who have done us wrong if we want to be forgiven by our Heavenly Father as well.
The prayers below for forgiveness below will help you get rid of all the bitterness, anger, unforgiveness, and resentment you may have developed in your heart.
With that said, let’s look at the 11 powerful prayers for someone who hurt you that you must pray when a person offends you in one way or the other.
11 Prayers For Forgiveness & Healing.
Below are the 11 effective prayers for forgiveness against those who hurt you inspired by the Holy Spirit that will help you pray for your enemies with love and not bitterness.
1. Dear Lord Jesus, I pray that you help me heal my broken heart caused by the hurt people have done against me. Help me get rid of all the anger, bitterness, and unforgiveness I may have developed in my heart against any person who has hurt me deeply. Give me the grace to forgive my offenders as you have forgiven me. Instill in me a spirit of divine love and forgiveness against those who hurt me as I cry in tears at your feet now in Jesus’s name. Amen.
2. Dear Heavenly Father, I come to you in prayer and pray that you give me the grace to forgive people who have hurt me deeply in my life in the past and present. I know that I can’t forgive those who hurt me without your grace and divine love that covers a multitude of sins. I, therefore, pray you give me the grace to forgive anyone who hurt me in the past despite the gravity of their offense against me as I know with you all things are possible.
3. Father God, I come to you with a bleeding and broken heart that has been hurt deeply by the evil and wrong people have done against me. My prayer is you help me let go of the spirit of unforgiveness that has developed in my heart against my offenders. Help me heal and get rid of the hurt people have caused in my life so that I can begin to heal inside and start leaving in peace once again.
4. Dear Lord Jesus give me the grace to forgive people who have hurt me badly in my life. Help me not to get angry or harbor a spirit of bitterness against those who have done me wrong. Help me practice divine love and forgiveness even to the people I think don’t deserve my love and forgiveness knowing that I never deserve your love and forgiveness, yet you showed it to me via your death for my sins on the cross. Help me to not let the pain and hurt people have caused in my life be the reason I am a bitter person in my life. Amen.
5. Heavenly Father, help me show your love and mercy against those who have hurt me so that through my love, their hearts may be softened and make they come to their realization that the evil and hurtful things they are doing against their fellow human are bad. Dear God, I pray for a heart of forgiveness against my enemies who seek to do me harm as I know only love can overcome hate.
Prayers For Reconciliation In Relationships.
6. Dear Lord Jesus, I pray that the pain others have caused in my life won’t be the reason I fail to live in peace. Help me to follow peace with everyone even if it’s hard to do sometimes. Give me the grace to be light-hearted and not to be hard-hearted against those who have caused a lot of pain and anguish in my life. Let your divine love freely flow in my heart that will enable me easily forgive anyone who hurts me by their actions.
7. Dear Heavenly Father, free me from the spirit of revenge and resentment that want to take over my life and makes me want to pay back those who have done me wrong. Help me understand what true love and forgiveness are all about by giving me the grace to forgive others freely and easily as you have forgiven me. I pray that the spirit of revenge and wanting payback will not reign in my heart but love will lead the way as I know revenge belongs to you. Amen.
8. Dear Lord, help me forgive the person who’s done me wrong. I know they don’t deserve my forgiveness, but I still feel the need to forgive them for the sake of my peace and emotional sanity. Help me to let go of the anger and bitterness that has built up inside me over the years. In Jesus’ name, amen.
9. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and heal this wound caused by a person who has hurt me or done me wrong so I can move on with my life without carrying this pain or bitterness around with me anymore. Please help me to forgive this person for what they did to me both physically and emotionally so that I can peacefully move on with my life without any resentment in my hurt that’s will burn me inside like acid if I harbor it. Amen.
10. Dear loving God, help me to forgive my friend who hurt me so badly so that we may be reconciled and our friendship restored. Let not the past hurt be the reason I don’t see eye to eye with my friend who hurt me in the past. Help me show you divine love and grace to my friend who betrayed my trust and make me understand that my friend like everyone else unlike Christ Jesus is just a human being capable of letting me down or disappointing me in ways I least expected. Amen
11. Dear Lord Jesus give me the grace to forgive people who have sinned against me in the past or have made my life a living hell on earth. Help me forgive all my friends or loved ones who have betrayed my trust in the past in ways I least expected as I know only you, Lord can never let me down or betray my trust, unlike human beings who are fallible. Give me the grace to let go of the sin of resentment in my heart so that I can give room for forgiveness and healing to take place in my heart, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
I hope the above 11 prayers for someone who hurt you will now help you let go of the anger or bitterness you may have developed over time against people who hurt you in the past.
May the above prayer for forgiveness give you the grace you need to let go and forgive anyone in your life who’s done you wrong, no matter the gravity of their offense.
In closing, if the above prayers have been of great help to you on your forgiveness and healing journey, comment below, and don’t forget to share before you leave. God bless.
Other Related Posts.
- 5 Effective Ways Of Praying For Someone Who Hurt You Badly.
- The Effective Prayer Against Evil Friends [That Works].
- Why Is Prayer Important To Christians? [+ Animation].
Sharing is caring.