This post contains a collection of 45 why does God allow suffering quotes to help you understand why pain and suffering exist in this world. We all experience suffering in one way or the other and no one is exempted from them. May the 45 why does God allow suffering quotes and bible verses about suffering below comfort you and help you draw closer to God in your pain, not away from Him.
What Is God’s Purpose For Suffering?
Often, the answer can be found in what we are holding on to that keeps us from trusting God fully. Although we have an innate desire to know the meaning of our suffering, we also have a great need to know the Lord through it.
As we come to trust Him more and more in our grief, we begin to see that His purposes are not always what we would choose, but they are always for our good and His glory.
When Joseph was sold by his brothers as a slave and taken to Egypt, he experienced tremendous suffering. God was with him during this time and showed him favor when Potiphar took him into his household.
However, when Joseph resisted Potiphar’s wife’s advances, she had him thrown into prison (Genesis 39:7-20). Joseph had no idea why he was there or how long he would be confined.
Yet, he did not give in to despair or become bitter toward God just like Job in Job 1:1-22 who also went through untold suffering. Instead, he continued to trust the Lord and honor Him by serving others.
Joseph’s story is one of several found in the Bible that demonstrates how God uses suffering in our lives. In each case, He is present with us and works all things together for good as we grow closer to Him (Romans 8:28).
See Also: 7 Major Reasons Why God Allows Disappointment?
45 Why God Allow Suffering Quotes.
1. Suffering can refine us rather than destroy us because God himself walks with us in the fire. Timothy Keller.
2. God will allow evil only to the degree that it brings about the very opposite of what it intends. Timothy Keller.
3. If you seek God as the nonnegotiable good of your life, you will get happiness thrown in. If, however, you aim mainly at personal happiness, you will get neither. Timothy Keller.
4. God is very patient with us when we are desperate. Pour out your soul to him. Timothy Keller.
5. The first step in helping a suffering person is to acknowledge that the pain is valid and worthy of a sympathetic response. Philip Yancey.
6. Maybe God isn’t trying to tell us anything specific each time we hurt. Pain and suffering are part and parcel of our planet, and Christians are not exempt. Philip Yancey.
7. Jesus, who did not sin, also felt pain. Philip Yancey.
8. If Jesus suffered, yet did nothing wrong to desire His suffering, who are you not to experience pain and suffering considering you have sinned, unlike Jesus Christ. Samuel Zulu.
9. God allows human suffering in our lives to remind us that we live in a fallen world and not a perfect world. Samuel Zulu.
10. The human suffering and evil we experience in this world are because of our sin not that God hates us or that He can’t do anything about it. Samuel Zulu.
See Also: 11 Consequences Of Sin (To Help Avoid Sin All Costs.)
11. Sometimes, God will allow you to experience pain and suffering in life to soften your heart so that you can come to Him in repentance and see that you need a savior. Samuel Zulu.
12. Though we suffer as Christian in this present evil world, the glory that awaits us in heaven is incomparable to our human suffering. Samuel Zulu.
13. Once you step your foot into heaven, you will be glad that you had to experience pain and suffering for the sake of Jesus Christ. Samuel Zulu.
14 God wants you to experience pain and suffering so that you can be conformed to the image of His Son, Jesus Christ who suffered, too. Samuel Zulu.
15. If there was any person who had the right to cop[la as to why He suffered, it has to be Jesus Christ, not sinful humans. Samuel Zulu.
16. The pain and suffering we experience in this world is a grim reminder that sin will always have horrible consequences. Samuel Zulu.
17. Better to temporarily suffer now in this present evil world as a believer than to go to hell full of eternal suffering without end. Samuel Zulu.
18. The thing is that you will never fully understand why God allows suffering until you get to heaven where your understanding will be perfected. Samuel Zulu.
19. The good thing is that though we suffer as Christians, our suffering is temporal and not comparable to the glory that awaits us in heaven. Samuel Zulu.
20. Even in our suffering God’s love always manifests in mysterious ways we can’t see or understand. Samuel Zulu.
See Also: 10 Reasons Why God Allows Rejection? [+ Animation]
21. As long as you live in this fallen world, pain, suffering, and death are just part of life. Samuel Zulu.
22. Sometimes, we suffer because of our careless actions as we all reap what we sow. Samuel Zulu.
23. Sometimes, the devil can’t be blamed for the human suffering in this world we inflict on ourselves at times. Samuel Zulu.
24. Just because you are a Christian doesn’t make you immune to suffering in your Christian life. Samuel Zulu.
25. The thing is that bad things don’t just happen to god people, they happen to everyone as we live in a fallen world. Samuel Zulu.
26. Don’t let the sorrow, suffering, and grief of this world be the reason you lose your salvation and eternal life. Samuel Zulu.
27. No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear. C. S. Lewis.
28. Try to exclude the possibility of suffering which the order of nature and the existence of free will involve, and you find that you have excluded life itself. C. S. Lewis.
29. It takes courage to live through suffering, and it takes honesty to observe it. C. S. Lewis.
30. We were promised suffering. They were part of the program. We were even told, Blessed are they that morn. C. S. Lewis.
31. Tribulations cannot cease until God either sees us remade or sees that our remaking is now hopeless. C. S. Lewis.
32. For you will certainly carry out God’s purpose, however, you act, but it makes a difference to you whether you serve like Judas or like John. C.S. Lewis.
33. But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened.” 1 Peter 3:14.
34. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 2 Corinthians 4:17.
35. I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33.
36. Very truly I tell you, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy. John 16:20.
37. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28.
39. Many are the affliction of the righteous, but the Lord delivers them out of them all. Psalm 34:19.
40. Let not suffering be the reason you give up your Christian faith. For in doing so, you make yourself unworthy to partake of Christ’s glory. Samuel Zulu.
41. The suffering the Lord permits in your life is there to make you a better person and not to destroy you as you may think. Samuel Zulu.
42. As long as you are born a woman, grief, pain, and sorrow are just part of life. Samuel Zulu.
43. Man that is born of a woman is of few days and full of trouble. He cometh forth like a flower, and is cut down: he fleeth also as a shadow, and continueth not. Job 14:1, 2.
44. It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees. Psalms 119:71.
45. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. Romans 5:3,4.
I hope the above 45 why does God allow suffering quotes will now help you understand why you experience pain and suffering in this world so that you can learn to trust God even in your suffering that all will be well in the end. Stay blessed and don’t forget to share.
- 63 True Christian Quotes To Live By (+ Powerful Sermon).
- 54 Christian Hope Quotes To Help You Not Give Up On God.
- 54 Power Of Faith Quotes (To Help You Move Mountains).
Sharing is caring.