Below is a collection of 54 godly relationship quotes that will help you choose a godly spouse for marriage. A godly relationship will always draw you closer to God and not into sin and the 54 godly relationship quotes below will help you understand what a godly relationship is all about.
What Is A Godly Relationship?
A godly relationship is simply a kind of chaste relationship between a man or woman that is centred on biblical godly principles and doesn’t promote sex before marriage which is a sin.
This implies that, unlike an unchaste worldly relationship that follows worldly values, a godly relationship follows godly values and draws you close to God and not away from him.
A Christ centred relationship always has God at the centre and is filled will God’s unconditional love as it involves two imperfect beings coming together with the intent of getting married.
54 Quotes About Godly Relationships.
1. Our relationship must be right with God before it can be right with man. Billy Graham.
2. Even if you have got nothing else left, be proud of your relationship with God. Sunday Adelaja.
3. You cannot fellowship with God when you disqualify another person from fellowshipping with you. Sunday Adelaja.
4. Every relationship for a Christian is an opportunity to love another person as God has loved us. Joshua Harris.
5. Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners. 1 Corinthians 15:33.
6. And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him. Genesis 2:18.
7. Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good. Romans 12:9.
8. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early. Psalms 46:5.
9. Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body, but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. 1 Corinthians 6:18.
10. Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. Proverbs 31:10.
11. If you want a godly marriage filled with true love from God, you must first choose a godly spouse. Samuel Zulu.
12. A godly relationship always has Jesus Christ at the centre of it. Samuel Zulu.
13. A Relationship between a man and a woman can only be filled with God’s love if it aligns with His will. Samuel Zulu.
14. A Christ-centered relationship glorifies Christ and not the flesh. Samuel Zulu.
15. Without God’s love, you can’t truly love your partner unconditionally the way God expects you to. Samuel Zulu.
16. He who wants a happy and godly marriage must first discover God’s will and purpose for his life. Samuel Zulu.
17. Choose a man who is led by God and not by his selfish ego. Samuel Zulu.
18. It’s only those who truly love God that can truly commit to you, no matter what. Samuel Zulu.
19. It’s only those who wait on God for a true-life partner who will have happy and fulfilling marriages. Samuel Zulu.
20. Being in a godly relationship with someone who loves God the way you do is blessed indeed. Samuel Zulu.
21. A happy marriage always has Jesus Christ at the centre and is filled with genuine love that comes from God. Samuel Zulu.
22. A godly relationship centred on Christ Jesus will always attract God’s presence and blessings. Samuel Zulu.
23. Before considering marriage, makes sure the person you want to marry is in right standing with God. Samuel Zulu.
24. Remember, love and lust are two different things in that the former always gives while the latter always takes from you. Samuel Zulu.
25. A godly relationship will never lead you to sin and if a person claimed to love you, that person won’t lead you into sinning against your own body. Samuel Zulu.
26. Just because a person claims to love doesn’t mean it’s so. Choose carefully who you want to marry. Samuel Zulu.
27. A godly relationship or godly marriage is always based on the truth, unconditional love, loyalty, trust and honesty. Samuel Zulu.
28. Let a person you decide to share your life with being a blessing and not a burden. Samuel Zulu.
29. Having a personal relationship with Christ Jesus is the greatest relationship you can ever have that will never fail or let you down. Samuel Zulu.
30. If you are not married, don’t consider any sexual relations with anyone other than your future spouse you decide to marry on the altar. Samuel Zulu.
31. A good marriage isn’t something you find; it’s something you make. Gary L. Thomas.
32. God created us with a sexual passion so that there would be language to describe what it means to cleave to him in love and what it means to turn away from him to others. John Piper.
33. It is not love to ignore your spouse’s sin, brokenness, or immaturity. John Eldredge.
34. God loves each of us as if there were only one of us. Saint Augustine.
35. The whole being of any Christian is faith and love. Faith brings the person to God, love brings the person to people. Martin Luther.
36. Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave. Martin Luther.
37. To be loved by God is the highest relationship, the highest achievement, and the highest position in life. Henry Blackaby.
38. Men, you’ll never be a good groom to your wife unless you’re first a good bride to Jesus. Tim Keller.
39. There is no lovelier, friendly or charming relationship, communion or company, than a good marriage. Martin Luther.
40. Loving the world destroys our relationship with God, denies our faith in God, and discounts our future with God. David Jeremiah.
41. Love is commitment; love is a relationship that never gives up. Jerry Falwell.
42. People are unrealistic, illogical, and self-centred. Love them anyway. Mother Teresa.
43. Everybody has something good inside them. Some hide it, some neglect it, but it is there. Mother Teresa.
44. If you love one another, you will not be able to avoid making sacrifices. Mother Teresa.
45. Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do but how much love we put into that action. Mother Teresa.
46. If a relationship makes you want to give up your Christian faith, then it’s not worth your time and not from God. Samuel Zulu.
47. Relationships that are in line with God’s plan and purpose will always be filled with love and joy you can’t find in worldly sinful relationships. Samuel Zulu.
48. God will never lead you to a person He knows will bring misery for the rest of your life. Samuel Zulu.
49. Never be in a hurry with God if you want to marry right. Samuel Zulu.
50. Lack of sexual chastity is what has reduced a lot of great men and women into a crust of bread. Samuel Zulu.
51. Be chaste and pure in all your dealings with the opposite sex and please don’t be careless. Samuel Zulu.
52. Have a solid relationship with Christ and everything will fall in place for you. Samuel Zulu.
53. If a relationship causes you to sin, drop it like a hot potato before it destroys you. Samuel Zulu.
54. If you want a fulfilling Christ centred relationship, have nothing to do with godless relationships of any kind. Samuel Zulu.
I hope the above 54 godly relationship quotes will inspire you to pursue godly relationships that promote purity and will draw you closer to God and not away from Him into sin. In closing, kindly let me know in the comments below which quotes resonated with you. Stay blessed.
Sharing is caring.
You Will Also Like.
- 63 Christian Love Quotes (To Help You See Love Differently)
- 63 True Christian Quotes To Live By (+ Powerful Sermon).
- 54 Christian Hope Quotes To Help You Not Give Up On God.