Godly friendships are vital in life. Here is a list of 54 bible verses about friendship and godly friendship quotes compilation gathered from various people who know too well about God’s simple message of love, mercy and grace that can change our lives and friendships.
What Is A Godly Friendship?
A godly friendship is a kind of Christian friendship that is based on godly principles in the bible that inspires you to love God and help you draw closer to Him.
This means that a godly friendship is based on God’s love and has your best interests at heart. A godly friend will always encourage you to walk closer to God and not away from Him.
Unlike worldly friendships, godly friendships won’t steer you in the wrong direction and lead you to evil which is why you must aspire for such wonderful friendships in your life.
54 Quotes About Godly Friendships.
Below is a list of 54 godly friendship quotes and Christian friendships quotes that will help you build godly friendships in your life filled with love, joy, happiness and kindness.
1. A Godly friend will encourage you in the things of the Lord and inspire you to live godly in this present evil world. Samuel Zulu.
2. A person who claims to be your true friend won’t lead you astray from God and into evil. Samuel Zulu.
3. A godly friendship is indeed a blessing from the Lord. Therefore, cherish such a friendship if you have it. Samuel Zulu.
4. Any godly friendship has Jesus Christ at the centre. Samuel Zulu.
5. Always aspire to be a Christian friend who will inspire others to love God and others. Samuel Zulu.
6. Choose good friends who love Jesus Christ who will help you grow in the Lord and not lead you into evil. Samuel Zulu.
Related: 45 Christian Friendship Quotes For Choosing Godly Friends
7. A person who claims to be your friend but wants to lead you away from God isn’t a true friend at all and must be avoided at all costs. Samuel Zulu.
8. A true friendship is based on Jesus Christ and brings out the best in you. Samuel Zulu.
9. Not all friends are worth your time. Only choose to be in a Christian friendship you know will help you draw close to God. Samuel Zulu.
10. A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24.
11. This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. John 15:12.
12. Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners. 1 Corinthians 15:33.
13. Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. Proverbs 27:17.
14. Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. Ecclesiastes 4:9.
15. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13.
16. A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. Proverbs 17:17.
17. Then Jonathan and David made a covenant because he loved him as his soul. 1 Samuel 18:3.
18. He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed. Proverbs 13:20.
19. Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man’s friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9.
20. Open rebuke is better than secret love. 6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful. Proverbs 27:5,6.
21. Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God, and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 1 John 4:7.
22. If I take offence easily; if I am content to continue in cold unfriendliness, though friendship is possible, then I know nothing of Calvary love. Amy Carmichael.
23. Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art. It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. C. S. Lewis.
24. He is your friend who pushes you nearer to God. Abraham Kuyper.
25. Let those be thy choicest companions who have made Christ their chief companion. Thomas Brooks.
26. There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship. Thomas Aquinas.
27. Is any pleasure on earth as great as a circle of Christian friends by a good fire? C.S Lewis.
28. A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down. Arnold H. Glasgow.
29. A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. Jim Morrison.
30. Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant. Socrates.
31. Jesus Christ is the only close friend who will never betray you that will stick closer to you than a brother. Samuel Zulu.
32. A godly friendship will always be filled with agape love that comes from God alone that worldly friendships lack. Samuel Zulu.
33. The difference between a Christian friendship and the one of the world is that the former has Christ-like selfless love while the latter is all about me. Samuel Zulu.
34. Choose good friends with good character that will add to your, joy, happiness or kindness and not subtract them from you. Samuel Zulu.
35. Let the friendship you make with others be filled with selfless love, kindness and bring happiness to others. Samuel Zulu.
36. Only a godly friendship based on the selfless love of Jesus Christ can produce a loyal friend you can rely on at all times. Samuel Zulu.
37. Let your life only be filled with godly friends who will bring out the best in you and help you grow. Samuel Zulu.
38. Life becomes so much easier if you have godly friendships you can share your problems. Samuel Zulu.
39. Don’t allow bad friends with bad influence in your life who just want to bring you down and ruin your life. Samuel Zulu.
40. A real friend who is godly will always be honest and straight with you at all times even when you don’t like it. Samuel Zulu.
41. Choose godly friendships that share the same Christian faith as you and put God first in their lives. Samuel Zulu.
42. One of the greatest blessings you can have in your life are godly friends who can encourage you in the Lord during hard times. Samuel Zulu.
43. No greater love than that laying down your life for another Jesu Christ talks about is lacking many friendships today, sadly. Samuel Zulu.
44. Only a Christ-based godly friendship has the agape love you can’t find in worldly friendships that are all about self. Samuel Zulu.
45. Aspire to be a blessing to others and not just seek to get something from others in the name of friendship. Samuel Zulu.
46. If you judge people, you have no time to love them. Mother Teresa.
47. Everybody has something good inside them. Some hide it, some neglect it, but it is there. Mother Teresa.
48. Every time you smile at someone. It is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing. Mother Teresa.
49. I want you to be concerned about your next-door neighbour. Do you know your next-door neighbour? Mother Teresa.
50. If you associate yourself with Christian friends who help you grow in the Lord; you will be established in him. Samuel Zulu.
51. If Jesus isn’t at the centre of your friendship, selfishness and not true love will be the order of the day. Samuel Zulu.
52. Let brotherly affection and love from above be what defines your friendship with others. Samuel Zulu.
53. True Christian friendship isn’t just about feelings and mere words but what you can do and sacrifice for each other when it counts. Samuel Zulu.
54. Never take faithful friends in your life for granted as they are God-sent especially with so many fake friends these days. Samuel Zulu.
I’m very glad that you took your time to read my blog about godly friendship quotes. Please let me know if you have any comments, or if there are any other topics on which you would like to read about. I would love to hear from you! Oh and don’t forget to share. Stay blessed.
- 63 True Christian Quotes To Live By (+ Powerful Sermon).
- 54 Christian Couple Quotes (To Strengthen Your Union.)
- 54 Christian Life Quotes (To Help You Live Wisely.)
Sharing is caring.