Below is a list of 54 God’s forgiveness quotes and bible verses about forgiveness that will remind you what God’s forgiveness is all about and why you must practice it.
We live in a fallen world full of broken people which means inevitably, people will do hurtful things to you, and forgiving such people who hurt you can be difficult at times but with God’s grace, you can do it.
The 54 God’s forgiveness quotes below and bible verses about forgiveness will remind you why you must forgive others who offended you if you want to be forgiven as well by God.
54 Quotes About God’s Forgiveness.
1. If Jesus forgave those who nailed Him to the cross, and if God forgives you and me, how can you withhold your forgiveness from someone else? Anne Graham Lotz.
2. God forgives us. Who am I not to forgive? Clarissa Pinkola Estes.
3. We must be willing to forgive without limit even as God forgives; otherwise, we cannot be forgiven. Nels Fredrick Solomon Ferre.
4. When God forgives, He at once restores. Theodore Epp.
5. When God forgives our sin, he is not changing his mind about us; he is changing our minds about him. Herbert McCabe.
6. I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice does. Abraham Lincoln.
7. The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world. Marianne Williamson.
8. True love and forgiveness always go hand in hand. Samuel Zulu.
9. Forgive others just as the Lord Jesus Christ has freely forgiven you for all your sins or wrongs you did against Him. Samuel Zulu.
10. God’s forgiveness unlike man’s has no limits and anyone no matter their sinful condition can obtain forgiveness of their sin if they truly repent. Samuel Zulu.
11. Forgiveness doesn’t mean you approve of what someone did to you. Samuel Zulu.
12. God’s forgiveness has no conditions, so you also must forgive others with no strings attached. Samuel Zulu.
13. If you don’t practice forgiving others of their wrongs, you can’t claim to be a true Christian. Samuel Zulu.
14. If you don’t forgive others, your Heavenly Father will also not forgive you as you are a wicked servant. Samuel Zulu.
15. If you claim you love others, you will also forgive those who wrong you. Samuel Zulu.
16. True forgiveness means letting go of any hurt your offender caused you and not holding any grudges. Samuel Zulu.
17. Where true forgiveness is, love, compassion, and mercy abound. Samuel Zulu.
18. If a person truly loves you, they will forgive you if you do the wrong and not hold a grudge against you. Samuel Zulu.
19. You can’t say you have forgiven someone if you still have some unresolved beef with that person. Samuel Zulu.
20. Lack of true forgiveness is the reason why the church today lacks brotherly love as everyone seems to be against each other these days. Samuel Zulu.
21. True forgiveness brings peace to your soul which is why you must embrace it in your life. Samuel Zulu.
22. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God. Ephesians 2:8,9.
23. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. Hebrews 8:12.
24. For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. Matthews 6:14.
25. But if ye forgive not men of their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. Matthews 6:15.
26. Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man has a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. Colossians 3:13.
27. And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32.
28. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. Matthews 6:12.
29. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Roams 5:8.
30. He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth very friends. Proverbs 17:9.
31. For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee. Psalm 86:5.
32. For the Lord your God is gracious and merciful, and will not turn away his face from you if ye return unto him. 2 Chronicles 30:9b.
33. Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Psalms 32:1
34. Don’t wait for other people to be loving, giving, compassionate, grateful, forgiving, generous, or friendly. Lead the way. Steve Maraboli.
35. Live like a tree, giving, forgiving, and free. Debasish Mridha M.D.
36. When He Christ says “Forgive your enemies, it is not for the sake of the enemy but one’s own sake that he says so, and because Love is more beautiful than Hate.” Oscar Wilde.
37. Man has two great spiritual needs. One is for forgiveness. The other is for goodness. Billy Graham.
38. Only when we understand the holiness of God will we understand the depth of our sin. Billy Graham.
39. Christ can take the most sin-laden, selfish, evil person and bring forgiveness and new life. Billy Graham.
40. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King, Jr.
41. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. Martin Luther King, Jr.
42. If we do an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, we will be a blind and toothless nation. Martin Luther King, Jr.
43. Forgiveness makes it easy to release all the anger and bitterness you may be harboring against your offender who hurt you. Samuel Zulu.
44. Unconditional love also goes hand in hand with unconditional forgiveness God commands us to show to others just as He has to us. Samuel Zulu.
45. Forget about making it for heaven if you still have a spirit of unforgiveness in your heart. Samuel Zulu.
46. As a true believer, forgiveness is just part of your Christian life. Samuel Zulu.
47. If God held grudges against us if we wronged, this earth will be empty. Samuel Zulu.
48. Forgiveness may be hard but with the help of the Holy Spirit, you can do it. Samuel Zulu.
49. It’s human nature to seek vengeance when offended but to forgive your offender by showing them love is divine. Samuel Zulu.
50. Without the new nature of Jesus Christ in your life, forgiveness, and letting go will always be difficult for you to do. Samuel Zulu.
51. If you can’t forgive a person you claim to love, how can that be true love? Samuel Zulu.
52. If your forgiveness comes with conditions, then it’s not from God. Samuel Zulu.
53. As a forgiven sinner, it makes no sense to not forgive others who wronged like what the wicked servant did in Matthews 18:21-35 in the new testament. Samuel Zulu.
54. God’s forgiveness makes it possible for even the worst sinner to become a saint. Samuel Zulu.
I hope the above 54 God’s forgiveness quotes will help you to practice unconditional forgiveness to others who offended you just as God has forgiven you. Pay for God’s grace if you are struggling in this area. Stay blessed and don’t forget to share.
- 45 Everyone Sins Quotes [+ Animation On Why We Sin].
- 63 God’s Grace Quotes To Uplift Your Spirit (+ Sermon).
- 63 Christian Love Quotes (To Remind You What God’s Love Is All About).
Sharing is caring.